Driving licence branch official caught on camera extorting bribe

Korangi Driving Licence Branch

KARACHI: An official at Karachi’s Korangi driving licence (DL) branch was caught on camera extorting bribe for issuance of a driving licence without a hassle having to undergo medical and driving tests.

Aslam Mirani, who works at the DL branch’s motor vehicle inspector office, is purportedly seen taking bribe in a video clip recorded by a citizen.

Also Read: 3 Karachi policemen suspended as video shows they collected ‘bribes’

On being contacted, the citizen told ARY News that, “Initially, I deposited a fee [for the issuance of a driving licence] but I failed an eyesight test. Someone put me in contact with Mirani who then called me directly to his office saving me the hassle of obtaining a token.”

At first, he said, the official asked him for Rs3,000 bribe besides paying the licence fee but agreed on Rs2,500.

Also Read: Video of policewoman taking bribe goes viral

“I got my licence at my home in a day without having to undergo a medical test or driving test,” the citizen disclosed.

The post Driving licence branch official caught on camera extorting bribe appeared first on ARY NEWS.


ALSO VISIT FOR ONLINE EARNING Google Class
Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.